via Live Video or In Person
Prenatal Visits are typically 1 ½ - 2hrs long
We will discuss your
- breastfeeding / lactation goals
- health history
- any anatomical issues, and how they may impact your lactation experience
You will learn about
- how to prepare for breastfeeding / lactation
- how your birth can effect lactation
- how to create a lactation friendly birth plan AND how to keep moving towards your lactation goals even if birth doesn't go according to plan
- how to tell if your baby is getting enough
- how to establish a healthy milk supply
- how dads / partners / other support people can be key players in setting and helping you reach your goals
- how to avoid common obstacles
- what resources are available in the community
- when to reach out for additional help.
Expecting Dads / Partners / or any other family or support people you choose or wish to include are welcomed to participate in our visit to learn about how to be a key part of your breastfeeding / lactation journey.
The third trimester of your pregnancy is a good time to schedule your Prenatal Home Visit. Weekend appointments are often available to fit your schedule. Please complete the Prenatal Intake Form and Standard Consent Form at least 48 hrs before our visit, so I can review your health history and any other relevant details in advance.
You may also wish to consider making your prenatal visit part of a Full Spectrum Support Package.
Payment is due at the time of visit. (Except AETNA participants.)
Prenatal Visit In Person Fee $175
Prenatal Telehealth Session Fee $95
Forms of payment accepted: Cash, Personal Check, Visa, Mastercard, HSA / FSA Card
NOTE: Most AETNA Participants can have up to 6 home visits, including a Prenatal Home Visit, with NO out of pocket cost.
Most private insurance companies are required under the Affordable Care Act to reimburse for out of network, comprehensive lactation care, including a prenatal visit. For more information on Insurance Reimbursement See Insurance Coverage.
Medicaid, WIC and SNAP Program participants are eligible for reduced fees through the Financial Assistance Fund
Schedule a Visit
Text or Telephone (518) 672-1519,
email to Sarah@HeartsWorkBreastfeeding.com
Weekend appointments are often available.
I make telehealth visits to anywhere with a good internet connection, and In Person visits within approximately 40 minutes drive of Chatham, NY, which includes all of Columbia County, and sections of Greene County, Renssalaer County, Albany County, and Dutchess County, NY, and Berkshire County, MA